Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
Rescues And More!
Sunday, Jun 25, 2017, 9:00 AM until 4:00 PM
Chain of Lakes
Just like everything else we do in our boats, safety and rescue skills can be fun to learn and practice. They're also an essential component of our skill set. This class taught by Peggy O'Neal and Bernie Graham is your chance to learn and practice the following key skills:
- Risk assessment
- Assisted rescues
- Complex rescues and scenarios
You will get wet!
- Completion of basic kayaking course or equivalent.
- Solid wet exit and previous T-rescue practice.
- Properly sized and outfitted kayak with front and rear flotation, deck lines and bow/stern toggle lines.
- Paddle, PFD, spray skirt.
- Pump, paddle float
- Tow line if you have one. If you don't have one, wait until after the class to get one. We have extras, and will talk about what makes a good tow line.
- Helmet recommended.
- No refunds will be given for this event. Registrants who are unable to attend have the option of finding another qualified participant to take their place.
- If class size minimum is not met by June 22 and class is cancelled, a full refund will be given.
You must be an ISK member to register for this event. If you're not already a member, just click the "Become a Member" link in the left menu. A $15 annual fee gives you access to a year's worth of great club trips, classes, on-water demos, winter programming and more.