For the Seventh year in a row, ISK brings:
5 days of British Canoeing, aka BC (formerly known as BCU)
This year, again featuring BC Level 5 Coach (and all around good guy) John Carmody, in his familiar waters of Cobscook Bay, Maine
You've heard how fantastic the training was for club members year after year, and you want to up your game to a new level. This is a fantastic value and the venue is "World Class"; John describes it as close as you can get to being similar to Wales and still be in the U.S.
- Build your skills with a world class coach, a world class classroom and world class curriculum
- Unsurpassed beauty abounds
- This class is designed for personal and focused attention
- Continue to build upon your existing skills
- Come away with solid skills and an action plan for growth
- A widely varied ocean environment to appropriately challenge all skill levels
Expand your knowledge towards a broader appreciation of sea kayaking: and gain an understanding of ocean dynamics:
- Tidal environment
- Overfalls and reversing falls
- Coastal journey near the Canadian Border
- Visit the tiny island that is the furthest eastern U.S.
- Paddle past the easternmost lighthouse in the U.S
- If you are working on your Sea Leader Award, there will be opportunities for you to gain leadership experience
You must already possess a BC 3 Star award or equivalent skill. Uncertain what your skill level is? Call or write to Michelle or Jeff.
$975 Classes, Housing and Meals included (We'll eat out one or 2 nights (on your own $))
The BC, or British Canoeing, has a long history of kayak instruction, which is valued and recognized worldwide as having a high standard of quality and depth of learning. Their ratings system reflects a curriculum that puts you on a definitive path of growth towards becoming a better kayaker. There are regional branches of the organization in many countries including Paddlesports North America.
John Carmody is a highly qualified and respected Kayak instructor, who brings a wealth of practical experience and skill to enhance his student's learning. I have taken training and assessment from John and find him to be a very caring and nurturing coach who is interested in seeing students succeed. Review John's Bio here;
Will be at a clean and comfortable country house, which is centrally located to our activities. Hot water, electricity and bedding give us a level of comfort.
Hearty, home cooked meals to energize your day and satisfy your palate. All meals will be included; we simply ask that you share in cleanup to ensure the kitchen and house remain livable.
We'll eat out one or 2 nights (on your own $)
- BC 3 Star Training Notes will give the best explanation of the course skills requirements.
- BC Sea Kayak Leader (formerly 4 Star) Training Notes will give the best explanation of the course.
- Please refer questions regarding this event to firstname.lastname@example.org and I will be happy to answer them.
- 5 days in Cobscook Bay area, Maine
- BC Sea Kayak Leader development
- June 17-21, 2018
- Leadership, skills, journeys
- Coaches: John Carmody, Michelle Forseth, Jeff Forseth
Reserve your spot:
As much as we would love to take everybody on this trip who is interested, your enjoyment and that of the others must be considered; please write to either of us to see if you would qualify: Jeff Forseth email@example.com or Michelle: firstname.lastname@example.org
Upon reserving your spot, and within a week, a $500 deposit is required to hold it (check or cash only). The balance will be due 90 days prior to the start of the trip (Monday, March 19, 2018). If you cancel prior to 90 days before the start of the course, you will receive a full refund. If you must cancel less than 90 days before the start of the course, you will receive a refund only if we are able to fill your spot with a suitable replacement.
If we are unable to fill this event, we’ll make attempts to modify the itinerary and adjust the fees to your satisfaction or give you notice of cancellation by 90 days (Monday, March 19, 2018).
•ASAP contact Jeff to see if you are qualified
then: register via Jeff or Michelle
•Balance of fees due Monday, March 19, 2019